Wednesday, October 21, 2009

There's A War Outside Still Raging/ You Say It Ain't Ours Anymore To Win

And so, at the hands of the Phillies once again, the Dodgers pack it in for the winter. It's never easy to say goodbye to something you love so dearly, but after the sucker punch that was Game 4 you'd be hard pressed to say this loss was something completely out of left field (no pun intended). No, the unexpectedness came from the incredible joy that was the 2009 season, and in the great memories both shared and experienced with friends and fellow fans.

I've been bleeding blue my entire life, but believe me when I say it was REALLY PUMPING this year. There may not be a meaningful pitch until next season; however, the Dodgers won't be far from my mind. How could they be after all we bore witness to this season?

1 comment:

The MC said...

It truly was a great season, and for some reason the Phillies didn't rob me of as much joy as they did last year. Now I move my focus to rooting against the ANAHEIM Angels.