Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Cupcake

I don’t remember the score, or even who the Dodgers played, but I certainly remember who I was with on the night of July 12, 2008. Turns out the Dodgers lost 5-3 in extra innings to the Florida Marlins. Andruw Jones even managed to get on base that night! Although in all fairness it was after a strikeout and bobble by the catcher.

Yet, the night belonged to the two of us.

Upon conclusion of the game the fans were allowed on the field to partake in the after game fireworks show. Having been to two other on-field fireworks shows this was nothing new to my lady friend and I; however, the magic of fireworks always seems to spark something inside a person. As fathers and sons played catch, and kids ran around joyously, we grabbed our spot and watched the sky light up with independence magic.

As I reflect, this will forever be remembered as my favorite Dodger memory of 2008.

3 comments:

Doc said...

My favorite moment of the year was the James Loney grand slam off of Ryan Dempster.

Clayton Kershaw's debut against the Cardinals was also a highlight for me.

Brandon said...

I yelled so loud during that grand slam the people at work had to tell me to be quiet.

Nat said...

For me, it's gotta be the 7/20 game against the Dbacks. A 5-run ninth inning rally to take the lead. I remember Brandon and I working in Vegas and checking the gameday highlights constantly.