Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Damn You Sleep


Matt Kemp singled to lead off the eighth, and my eyes grew heavier. Brad Ausmus popped out to second, and my pillow grew softer. By the time Mark Loretta struck out the sandman had already claimed his victim.

It was the first time I had fallen asleep during a Dodger game this season. Lame.

My untimely nap that is, not the outcome. From Ken Gurnick...
James Loney hit a tying three-run double in the eighth inning and Casey Blake followed with an RBI single, leading the defending NL West champions to a 6-5 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Tuesday night and improving their record to a major league-best 36-18.

"A most unlikely victory with the starter they had and the lead he had," manager Joe Torre said, considering Arizona's Dan Haren was spotted a 5-0 lead after two innings and had a two-hitter when he left after seven innings.

The win was only the Dodgers' second when they trailed after seven innings.

And in the unkindest irony of all, it's only now that I can't go to sleep. At least someone got to see it. I wonder if he refrained from cheering in the press box for that one?

2 comments:

Nat said...

I was watching half-heartedly last night when i noticed something brewing in the 8th inning. Great comeback and good to see Ethier hitting the ball again.

Brandon said...

There's a void in my Dodger life right now. I feel like a missed something really cool. No closure to the game for me.

Hope you don't get rained out tonight.