Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Poor Photoshop Job, Or Levitation Holmes?


Welcome back Andre Ethier! Today's 4th inning homerun, and subsequent walk-off homerun, coupled with last night's walk-off hit, is just what Ethier needed to officially bust out of the slumps. From Jim Peltz...
After beating the Philadelphia Phillies with a walk-off double less than 24 hours earlier, the Dodgers' Andre Ethier came to bat in the 12th inning of Saturday's game figuring he wouldn't get a good pitch to hit.

Yet, "sure enough, they threw it right down the middle again," he said of Phillies reliever Chad Durbin.

So Ethier slugged it over the center-field fence for his second home run of the day and his second game-winner in as many days, lifting the Dodgers to a 3-2 win over the Phillies in front of 41,412 at Dodger Stadium.
I couldn't be happier for the Dodgers, but I can't help but lament over the fact that I haven't seen a game in 3 days. Personal commitments have caused me to miss part 1 and part 2 of Ethier's resurgance. Sleep caused me to miss the five run rally, and Im sure something will arise tomorrow, which is a shame. I really wanted to soak in these victories so I could rub it in to my co-worker on Monday. He still holds the trump card with Matt Stairs, but a few more victories like the recent ones should help erase that nightmare.

Photo Courtesty of Gary A. Vasquez / US Presswire

3 comments:

tim said...

In their celebration, they looked like a bunch of Little Leaguers. They are winning late and having fun doing it. You missed some good stuff.

Brandon said...

You actually watched the game today? I'm amazed they managed to win. Your track record isn't very good.

tim said...

The Blue aura of 09 is strong than my perceived jinx.