Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer Six Pack


I wish I was talking about the Dodgers summer ticket package, or even beer. I wish. From Ken Gurnick...
After serving up three home runs, starting pitcher Randy Wolf served himself up as the focal point for the Dodgers' 10-7 loss to the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday night.

Wolf was followed by Cory Wade, who was taken deep twice, then James McDonald joined in with one. When the fireworks that signal home-team blasts at U.S. Cellular Field finally stopped exploding through the South Side night, it was the most home runs the Dodgers had allowed in one game in nearly eight years and one shy of the 55-year-old franchise record.
The Sox hit so many home runs last night that officials are checking the supply of fireworks in the city of Chicago for July 4th. At least it's not hard to figure out why the Dodgers lost last night...
"There's no way to sugarcoat it -- I stunk," Wolf said.

"It's virtually impossible to look yourself in the mirror and get big league hitters out when you hit your spot 30 percent of the time," he said. "Frankly, I'm embarrassed by the way I pitched. I was behind everybody. I threw it right down the middle of the plate. I missed spots by 16 inches. There's no way to get around it. I was awful and I deserved to get my teeth kicked in."
How awful was Wolf? To Brook's PitchFX we go...


You can clearly see he was struggling with his control, and as a result was all over the map. Then, when he tried to right himself, he'd groove one right down the plate. Oh well, another game coming up in just over an hour. In the meantime, please head over to the SOSH auction site and bid on items raising money for ALS research and improved quality of life for ALS patients.

No comments: