Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I Am Such An Idiot

Thanks to fellow ROB'er Nat I was in attendance during Wednesday's 1-0 victory over the Colorado Rockies. The game was flying by, and then quite literally a foul ball off the bat of Casey Blake was flying in my direction. I leaned one seat (which was empty) to my left and held up my hand in anticipation. To say the ball hit me square in my palm is like saying Babe Ruth was a good baseball player. But then, in the cruelest of moments, the ball spun out of my hand and into that of the guy next to me.

Disbelieve and dejection soon followed. Why didn't I use two hands to catch a ball like my Dad taught me in Little League? I suck.

3 comments:

Nat said...

It's not so disappointing that you didn't catch it, but that you might not ever come closer to catching one. In your defense though, you weren't the only hand reaching for it.

tim said...

At least you learned to back up third base correctly.

Brandon said...

i knew that was coming.