Thursday, July 16, 2009

Two Games In Two Days

It seems like Manny Ramirez has been back for eons now; however, Ramirez will be seeing his first game action at Dodger Stadium today since his suspension for PEDs. Making my sixth appearance at the stadium this season I'll be sitting, where else, in Mannywood. I feel robbed though as I bought my tickets while the Mannywood promotion was on hiatus, so I don't think any free t-shirts are coming my way.

It'd be foolish to expect anything but rousing applause from the stadium upon Ramirez's pre-game introduction, and subsequent at-bats. Yet, don't look for me to be standing and cheering for the guy. I'll stand and cheer for the Dodgers. I'll cheer if Ramirez gets a hit, or makes a fine defensive play, just as I'd applaud any other player in Blue. After all, I still cheer for multiple DUI offender Rafael Furcal. It is indeed depressing when a player struggles off the field, or gets suspended for 50 games, but I'm quick to forgive. No one will ever accuse me of not being faithfully in love with my team, despite their transgressions.
---------------------------------------------

Finally, I'll be working from the press box on Friday, covering the game for this site, so please check in for all your pre-game and post-game quotes.

No comments: