Tuesday, February 24, 2009

This Must Be A Good Sign

Previously, in spring trainings past, Jason Schmidt has claimed to feel "fine out there" when clearly he wasn't. However, here is what he had to say after tossing one (not even a big one, just 11 pitches) inning...

"It felt like I had thrown five innings. It was a little sore in an area where it should be sore. It's a good thing I'm not throwing a bullpen today. Overall, I'd say it came out good. I mean, I don't need a cortisone shot, so that's good, right?"

History has taught us that whatever Jason Schmidt says, we can bet on the opposite. Therefore, all must be good to go!

3 comments:

Todd said...

I'm hopping on the Jason Schmidt bandwagon. Here come 12 wins, a 3 ERA, and all other dreams of mine.

Nat said...

Bold.

On the same note, I was on the Andruw Jones bandwagon (aka rickety old van down by the river) for most of last season. I rooted for him every time he came to plate. I wanted him to be the player he was during his Atlanta years. I hated hearing the boos from the Dodger faithful, as i think it's embarrassing to boo anyone who dons the blue. Ultimately, Andruw was out of shape, lost his knowledge of baseball fundamentals, and had mentally checked out. Oh well, that's what i get for being a die-hard fan of our Dodgers.

Jason Schmidt was lights out during his years with the Giants. He was the only player of theirs during that time that i coveted. If he can come remotely close to his SF performances, he's worth his overblown salary this year.

Doc said...

Dreamers.