Sunday, December 7, 2008

Kemp's Busy Sunday

After putting in some time on the final day of the Dodgers Holiday Caravan at Dodger Stadium on Sunday, Matt Kemp made an appearance at the Lakers / Bucks game at Staples Center tonight. He was briefly interviewed by the Lakers play-by-play team of Joel Meyers and Stu Lantz as he watched another Lakers win. Kemp, a good friend of Lakers guard Trevor Ariza, played high school basketball as well as AAU (Amateur Athletic Union) ball before deciding that "baseball would get me further." Although Kemp still has the desire to play on the hard-wood, the Dodgers restrict certain off-season activities for their players and Kemp reaffirmed this by saying "we know better."

When the topic of Manny was brought up, Kemp quickly added, "I love playing with him...hopefully we can get him back in L.A...he wants to come back, he loves L.A." News flash to Mr. Ramirez: L.A. loves Manny back.

3 comments:

Brandon said...

I wonder if those certain "activities" include going to see Steel Panther.

I know the Doc has got an opinion on Ramirez, and I'm sure its not a positive one. Let's hear it!

Brandon said...

I stand corrected. I just read his commments on an earlier post.

Doc said...

I'm hooked on Manny. I'm a certified Manny addict, and why not? He was flawless as a Dodger. His presence at the plate was electric and the team appeared to really accept and embrace him. Even his defense was impressive...the guy played hard and ran hard in Dodger Blue.

Manny is an international superstar. One year ago, I wouldn't have even considered bringing in Manny. But I saw how he transformed this team and how the young players looked up to him and improved with him in the dugout.

Bring back Manny!