Thursday, December 4, 2008

My 2 Cents

A no-hitter on a hot summer day by an aging Fernando Valenzuela...back to back to back to back home-runs in the bottom of the 9th inning, followed by a game-winning home-run in the 10th to take 1st place...Lima's win in Game 3 of the 2004 division series against the mighty St. Louis Cardinals...Game 1 of the 1988 World Series (well, only 7 innings, but we did get a jump on traffic!)

These are some of my fondest Dodger memories that I witnessed in-person at the timeless ballpark, Dodger Stadium. Of course, there have also been many games that didn't end with a Dodger win, but that didn't mean that it wasn't possible for 9 innings. For this reason, we always believe.

I'm excited to share my thoughts, opinions, and memories with fellow blue-bleeders. I think it's healthy for us to vent our feelings and comment on the Dodgers throughout the season and the off-season. The least we can do is to spare our "significant others" the burden. I will apologize now if tend to ramble, or go off on some irrelevant tangent, like as to why the Dodgers are represented in the score bug as "LAD" on Fox Sports broadcasts. That's bothered me since the first time i saw it. We can thank our "LAA" neighbors for that one.

So here's to the first of many posts and many sleepless nights, wondering if we'll get to hang out with Manny for a few more years.

We aren't haunted by a curse, we don't believe in a Red Sox Nation, and we don't sell-out to get behind a rally monkey. We Think Blue.

No comments: