Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Dodgers Have Lost Their Minds

And no, it's not because Guillermo Mota is still on the roster.

Rather, this Sunday I have been granted a press credential and will have access to the press box, the clubhouse, the field, and the dugout as I cover the team for this site. To say this is a dream come true doesn't even begin to describe what I've been feeling all week. Several other sites (SOSG and True Blue LA) have been granted access as well, and while I'd like to say they are/were just as excited as I am I don't think that's possible.

Shortly after the game my fantasy camp continues as I have been invited to appear on Dodger Talk with Josh Suchon and Ken Levine at 6:30pm PST. Each Sunday they share the airwaves with a different Dodger blogger as part of their ongoing 'Better Know A Blogger' series. You can turn your dials to 790 KABC, or listen online at kabc.com.

Please pass along any questions you want asked, or places you've always wanted to see. I'll do my best to cover it. Keep checking in on Sunday as I'll be posting live all game long, complete with pre-game and post-game interviews.

I started this website back in November 2008, and to think that in six short months I'm being granted access that once took years to earn...well, I'm speechless. I'm humbled. I'm honored. I'm scared out of my mind.

I'll leave you with something to think about, from Josh Rawitch at Inside the Dodgers...
As for the team, it's hard not to get overly excited about how well we're playing. It's even harder to fathom playing this well without our Opening Day starter, superstar left fielder, setup man of the year, and with so many of our guys still searching for their consistent strokes. But sometimes you just don't ask why...you accept it, appreciate it, and remember it when things turn the other way.

3 comments:

Nat said...

I remember sitting across from you at work last year and talking about starting up the site. Now, a little more than a year later, you're rewarded with something that you deserve. Tip of the cap to you.

Orel said...

Everything's turning up Brandon! Enjoy the day!

Brandon said...

Thanks Orel.

I really enjoyed reading your report.

It is interesting seeing the varying styles used between you and Phil at TBLA. Can't wait to see what Eric has to report.