Friday, May 15, 2009

It's Times Like These I Wish Tony Jackson Was Around

UPDATE 2: OK, I'm finished.

UPDATE:
But who needs TJax when you got CBlake...

"He knows he made a mistake. I forgive him," Blake said. "It's his business."

"I don't think anyone was really looking for" an apology, Blake said. "It was something he wanted to do and I think it was heartfelt."

Ramirez spoke for a few minutes, and teammates -- other than greeting him and shaking his hand -- did not ask any questions, said Blake, who declined to say what words Ramirez specifically used during his address to the Dodgers.

"I think in Manny's case, it made him feel better just to get in front of the team," Blake said. "I think it was kind of a big load off his shoulders just to greet the team again."

"He was a guy concerned about his team and his teammates," Blake said. "I know he feels bad. Everyone knows how he's feeling. It was just nice to see him again and I think it was nice for him to see us again."


EARLIER: From Ken Gurnick...
Suspended outfielder Manny Ramirez held a brief meeting with manager Joe Torre, Dodgers teammates and coaching staff at the club's hotel Friday afternoon.

About a dozen players and staff gathered in the hotel lobby and headed for the elevators together just before 1 p.m. ET. Ramirez was not seen in the lobby. The players returned by 1:08, many of them then heading to the ballpark for Friday night's game against the Florida Marlins. Torre is expected to address it with media before Friday night's game.

"He's sorry, remorseful," said Andre Ethier. "It is what it is."


A dozen players AND staff? Are the players making a statement of their own?

2 comments:

UCLADodger said...

Just so you know.... Tony Jackson is back- :)

http://www.ladodgertalk.com/category/tony-jackson/

Brandon said...

I saw that, but I wonder if he is going to have the same access as he did when he was working for the media.

I'm sure the "insiders" will still pass along info though.