Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oversized and Overjoyed

Upon arriving at the stadium for my first Dodger game of 2009, I took a moment to wander through the merchandise tents located outside the gates. Ever the thrifty shopper my eyes gazed over to the clearance rack and were met with quite the bargain indeed!


There were Dodgers vs. Phillies NLCS shirts, lots of Derek Lowe leftovers, and an assortment of other clearance worthy items. However, this shirt took the cake (literally)...


Further inspection revealed the word "authentic" on the price tag. While I was half expecting the shirt to actually cost $36 million it was indeed offered at the advertised price of just $10. What makes it so authentic you ask? I kid you not..


4X! So many jokes...

Jeff Weaver be damned, this made my day. However, after entering the stadium things just kept getting better. While Orlando Hudson saved the day on more than one occasion Jeff Weaver settled in nicely, after allowing a leadoff double, and held the Diamondbacks to a single run over five innings. The Dodgers notched their twelve season opening victory at home in as many games, tying an all time record previously held solely by the 1911 Tigers.

Say what you want about facing the NL Weak, but 20-8 feels REALLY good. How good? This about sums it up...

3 comments:

Todd said...

Damn that beer looks mighty tasty. It must be the background that adds to its appeal.

"The" MC said...

Dangit, I was there too (albeit with a considerably larger beer)! If I had known you were there I could've brought you down to the dugout or up to the press box. Boo :(

Brandon said...

Bummer. Never been to either of those places. Oh well, next time.